Saturday 1 June 2024

Very little colonial gaming happening as I get ready for a huge D-Day 80th anniversary game

 As the title suggests, I am getting ready with bespoke terrain for a 42 foot long representation of Juno, Gold, and Omaha to be played with Rapid Fire Reloaded.  Fortunately, Gold is being presented by my friend Stephen. Much of the terrain was made about 10 years ago or more, but I never had a chance to present the full scenarios of either beach (Juno or Omaha) because of table requirements - each needs a 16' table and I have 12'. Of course, presenting both of these beaches has meant a lot of additional things required like beach obstacles and the scenarios themselves have evolved with new versions presented by the Rapid Fire Reloaded team. For example all the German positions now have to have wire fully enclosing the positions - not something the original scenarios required.

All of this has absorbed most of my gaming time and I will post lots of pictures when the game is played later this month. In the mean time, we did play Rorke's Drift again and my Swiss are slowing coming together. Only 4 more units to paint (for now).  Here are some pictures (since I know that no one really wants to read anything...just give me pictures!).













No comments:

Post a Comment